Ya, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society is giving a talk on home canning at the Tacony branch of the Philadelphia Free Library on Wednesday, September 2nd at 6:30 pm. So I have a suggestion for you. Spend the evening in Northeast Philly.
View Evening in Tacony in a larger map
- Stop at Jack’s Place on Hegerman Ave. for a sandwich that will feed you and three friends.
- Go to the library and learn about canning.
- Get another sandwich, this time a cheesesteak from Frusco’s.
- Head down the street to see why the Grey Lodge makes Esquire’s Best Bars in America list.
- Getting hungry again?! BBQ at Sweet Lucy’s. BYOB!
Those of you who are vintage saw buffs are likely familiar with the area because of Disston’s Keystone Saw Works, once the worlds largest manufacturer of saws. But there’s more than industry to Tacony, friends, so go forth and eat!